The posting registers produced by each SouthWare posting process provide an audit trail of the updated data. We have a “Posting Register Portal”. In this portal you may choose to activate logging of registers and to automate several features of the posting:
- Auto-Output – Defining an Auto-Output for a posting register enables the creation or updating of a log record for each posting that uses that register. Specify which output format (and optionally which printer ID) to automatically use.
- Separate File setting – Indicate whether to create a separate file per posting, per day, or per month (if spooling). This lets you optionally combine related postings into a single file to make it easier to search for data.
- Active – After defining logging for a post register type you have the option to activate/deactivate the logging if needed.
- Auto-Post to G/L – For each G/L interface process you may specify whether to automatically post G/L distributions to G/L transactions as part of the posting process. This will create a G/L transaction per posting.
- Edit or Set Up buttons – The button to the right of each posting register line accesses the maintenance program you can use to access the options for the register. The Set Up button automatically creates the record, then lets you review/edit it as needed.