You have the option to track the GPS locations of mobile service techs.You must have activated the “Store GPS Tracking Data” option in the Tech Tracking configuration in order to use this feature.
You may access the tracking info for a tech via the GPS Tracking Tab of the Technician Manager portal. The GPS Tracking Tab shows a map of all GPS positions recorded for a technician during a day.
When you access the tab the map will show positions for the current date. The route is sequenced by the time stamp for each GPS position record. You may view history for other dates by changing the date field and pressing the Update button. You may also enter select a Starting Time to include only positions from that time forward. You may click on any icon point on the route to see the time and address for that point.
This system allows your service technicians to record time events throughout the work day to account for time spent on service work, travel, meals, etc. The Time Tracking feature also provides:
- The ability to specify that multiple techs are working on the same service order so that time is recorded for all the related techs from a single portal.
- The option to automatically generate service order line items to account for technician labor cost on each service order (see related feature description).
- The ability for management to review current and past time tracking data for each tech.
The PO Planner Portal allows you to make PO buying decisions with integrated access to all the related info available in the system. You may review inventory items that need to be purchased and interactively edit the suggested quantities in the PO work file. As you work you see the estimated total cost amount for items purchased and you may zoom to the details of past purchases, sales trends, and other info to help you make good buying decisions.
The PO Approval Portal allows you to easily review and change the approval status of purchase orders.
This portal shows pending POs and allows approval/rejection. It also shows rejected POs that have not been canceled and allows you to return them to pending status for further review.
Easily upload files to your SouthWare server as Note Attachments!
With this feature you may take any file accessible from your local computer and make it available as an attachment that will be available to other SouthWare users. Image snapshots, PDF files, spreadsheets, documents, etc., on your computer can now be instantly attached to related SouthWare records.
Service Orders now has the ability to process and maintain multiple payments of the same type in the same day.
The Service order system now creates all payments in a linked sales order. This is to ensure that we have history of payment dates and amounts. Changes to the Mobile Table have been added to support multiple payments of the same type.
There is a new option in the QuickScreen Menu that will allow an operator to define and see just their favorite icons.
The posting registers produced by each SouthWare posting process provide an audit trail of the updated data. We have a “Posting Register Portal”. In this portal you may choose to activate logging of registers and to automate several features of the posting:
- Auto-Output – Defining an Auto-Output for a posting register enables the creation or updating of a log record for each posting that uses that register. Specify which output format (and optionally which printer ID) to automatically use.
- Separate File setting – Indicate whether to create a separate file per posting, per day, or per month (if spooling). This lets you optionally combine related postings into a single file to make it easier to search for data.
- Active – After defining logging for a post register type you have the option to activate/deactivate the logging if needed.
- Auto-Post to G/L – For each G/L interface process you may specify whether to automatically post G/L distributions to G/L transactions as part of the posting process. This will create a G/L transaction per posting.
- Edit or Set Up buttons – The button to the right of each posting register line accesses the maintenance program you can use to access the options for the register. The Set Up button automatically creates the record, then lets you review/edit it as needed.
New Remote Technician portal is designed for a mobile service technician who will access and update SouthWare Service Orders over an internet connection. The layout and functionality of this portal are optimized for tablet and touch screen use.
New QuickScreens portal for Service Orders provides fast and efficient entry and editing of Service Orders. The web-page portal covers the most commonly-used functions, and the standard service order entry program is just a click away if you need other advanced SouthWare functions.